A senior commercial litigator, Jason embraces a people-first approach to successfully resolving his clients’ matters related to general commercial matters, bankruptcies, proposals, receiverships, and enforcement of security.
Jason pairs his exceptional ability to listen to and understand his clients’ needs with his honed skills in gleaning and analyzing the critical facts of each case. He also considers different viewpoints and perspectives when identifying the best solution for his clients.
Jason represents a broad range of financial institutions, lenders, and debtors, as well as receivers and trustees in bankruptcy, and manages two financial institutions’ national litigation portfolios. He is laser focused on surpassing expectations and views every file as an opportunity to add value while building long-term relationships with his clients.
A lifelong learner and problem solver, Jason keeps pace with changes in the evolving legal field to deliver practical options to his clients.
When not practicing law, Jason is actively involved in Toronto’s theatre community as a director, writer and producer. He was the Co-President and Artistic Director of Fallen Rock Productions, which raised over $400,000.00 for local Toronto charities. For nine years, Jason served on the Board of Directors of The Musical Stage Company. He is the co-producer and scriptwriter of Musical Stage’s annual UnCovered concert series.
- Called to the Bar in 2002
- Completed B.A., University of Western Ontario, 1994
- Graduated LL.B., Osgoode Hall Law School, 1998
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association, Ontario Bar Association (Member of the Civil Litigation & Insolvency Law Sections)
- Member of Insolvency Law Section Executive (2019-2020)
- Served as a judge in the Osgoode Hall Law School Mooting Program
- Regularly lectures at client-sponsored events on various legal topics
- Co-chaired the OBA Insolvency Section program - Key Bankruptcy and Insolvency Issues in Personal Injury law