To apply to any of the following opportunities, please send your resume and cover letter to Jason Spetter, Managing Director, at email@example.com
LZW has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Litigation Associate to join our busy and expanding litigation team.
LZW’s litigation team represents a broad range of financial institutions, private corporations, lenders, and debtors, as well as receivers and trustees in bankruptcy. We are looking for a talented and dynamic lawyer with extensive experience in commercial and civil litigation. Experience in Bankruptcy, Insolvency and Restructuring law would be considered a definite asset.
This position offers excellent opportunities for advancement and mentorship. Our ideal candidate will be highly client-service oriented, and will possess strong research, drafting and advocating skills.
Our Litigation Associate will be responsible for:
- Advocating for clients at all levels of Court in Ontario including the Court of Appeal, Divisional Court, and Superior Court of Justice. Experience in matters before the Commercial List and Bankruptcy courts would be an asset.
- Representing clients in matters relating to commercial litigation, security enforcement, insolvency related litigation, including receiverships and bankruptcies.
- Litigating debtor/creditor disputes involving guarantees, fraud, transfers at undervalue, injunctive relief and other bankruptcy.
- Handling complex files from intake to resolution with minimal guidance.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 6-10 years of experience in Canadian Commercial and Civil Litigation
- Membership in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario
- LLB or JD from a recognized institution
- Team player with strong communication skills, adaptability, and ability to develop strong relationships with diverse clients.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work in a timely manner with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent client service and organizational skills.
Corporate Commercial Lawyer
LZW has an exciting opportunity for a Corporate Commercial lawyer! We are looking for a talented and dedicated lawyer with extensive experience in corporate and commercial law, with a focus on banking and financial services, commercial financing, and secured transactions. Experience in Real Estate Law would be considered a definite asset.
The Firm has a loyal client base – as such, the successful candidate does not require a book of business.
This position offers excellent opportunities for leadership, development, and mentorship. This individual will be highly client-service oriented, with an ability to manage a small team of associates, law clerks and legal assistants. Strong leadership skills are a requirement.
Represent clients in the following matters:
- financings on behalf of lenders and borrowers
- corporate reorganizations and acquisitions
- sales of business and commercial real estate
- securitization of assets in debt and private equity transactions
- conducting and coordinating due diligence
- advising lenders and borrowers on project finance and secured lending
- commercial leasing transactions
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 6-10 years of experience in Corporate Commercial / Real Estate Law
- Desire and ability to manage a small team of associates, law clerks and legal assistants, and provide mentorship to junior lawyers
- Ability to handle a high volume of work in a timely manner with strong attention to detail
- Excellent client service, organizational, and communication skills