Inspired to become a litigator at a young age, Tony is single-minded in his pursuit of a fair outcome for his clients.
With over 30 years’ experience in corporate and commercial litigation and insurance defence, Tony takes a personal, hands on approach with clients to gain an in depth understanding of their needs while paying close attention to the minute details which could make a significant difference in their case.
Tony focuses on bankruptcy and insolvency, and insurance defence. His clients range from major insurance companies (personal injury and product liability), financial institutions, and trustees in bankruptcy and receivers (Bankruptcy Court and Commercial List). Tony excels in reviewing an individual or company’s financial circumstances and determining if fraud, mismanagement—or simple misfortune—are contributing factors. He weighs these factors in recommending a fair and balanced approach to his clients.
A skilled and experienced litigator, Tony has represented clients in both jury and non-jury trials and at all levels of the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, including Divisional Court and the Ontario Court of Appeal.
When he’s not litigating, Tony can be found on the golf course, riding one of his favorite horses, or traveling with his family.
- Called to the Bar in 1987
- Studied at the University of Western Ontario (2 years undergraduate studies), 1980-1982
- Graduated LL.B., J.D., Osgoode Hall Law School, 1985
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association, Toronto Lawyers Association (Member of the Civil Litigation and Insolvency Law Sections)
- Instructor Fraud Investigation, Centennial College
- Vice Chair Rules and Handicap Committee (Men’s) (ongoing)
- Two time Captain of his Golf Club