Mark A. Klaiman
B.A., LL.B., LL.M.
As a senior litigator, Mark has a vast wealth of experience necessary to assist his clients with resolving their disputes, or if necessary, proceeding to a trial. A significant amount of Mark’s work involves referrals from other lawyers who trust and respect his experience and expertise.
Mark was called to the Bar in 1982. After his call to the Bar, Mark began practising in a law firm specializing in insurance defence litigation. During this time, he gained valuable trial experience and insight into personal injury and insurance litigation.
In 1986, he joined a firm that engaged in general litigation. Since that time, his practice has encompassed a broad range of litigation including real estate litigation, commercial and contractual disputes, franchise litigation, estate litigation, collection matters, wrongful dismissal and employment issues, professional malpractice, construction, and fraud claims. He also acted in criminal and provincial offences matters.
Mark has extensive trial experience having conducted over 200 trials, both jury and non-jury, in the Ontario courts. He also regularly appears on motions and applications. He has acted as counsel in administrative matters and on arbitrations.As an experienced litigator, Mark recognizes the need for resolution. As such, Mark is an experienced negotiator. In his free time, Mark enjoys spending time travelling with his wife, Carol, spending time with his grandchildren and playing hockey.
- B.A. (Hons), McGill University, 1977
- LL.B., University of Windsor, 1980
- Called to the Bar in 1982
- LL.M., York University, Osgoode Hall Law School, 2008
- Member of the Law Society of Ontario
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member of the Advocates Society
- Member of the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of the Toronto Law Association, Peel Law Association, and the York Region Law Association