John applies his well-honed research skills and tenacious disposition to his legal practice. It is always his intent to develop a strategy that will result in the best possible outcomes for his clients. He considers open and honest communication with clients integral to a successful relationship and is committed to ensuring they are continually apprised of progress in their matters.
In his practice, John works with small and mid-market companies, private equity firms, and lenders in the areas of commercial and civil litigation. In every matter, civil or commercial, John invests himself wholly. He astutely considers all layers of a case and steadfastly researches them to develop litigation strategies that result in success for a client. He has been described as resolute and persistent in his quest to achieve the best possible outcomes for a client.
In commercial litigation, John handles matters in intellectual property, employment, bankruptcy and insolvency, fraud, contractual disputes, and real estate. In civil litigation, John has dealt extensively with insurance coverage, product liability, personal injury, occupiers’ liability, and accident benefits disputes. John appears at all levels of provincial and federal court, including the Supreme Court of Canada.
When not practicing law, John enjoys many outdoor sports including biking, running, hiking, snowboarding, and skating. He regularly enters triathlons and Tough Mudder events. He is an avid chess player, an escape room enthusiast, and enjoys travelling the world with his wife.
- Called to the Ontario Bar 2013
- Called to the New York State Bar 2012
- Graduated Cum Laude, University of Detroit Mercy Law School 2011
- Winner of numerous awards including 5 Law School Book Awards, Honourable Frank Murphy Honour Society, and University of Detroit Mercy Moot Court competitions.
- Recently volunteered as a coach for the OJEN Mock Trial Competition and for Lawyers Feed the Hungry.