An effective and persuasive communicator, Ian is known for presenting clear and practical options that enable his client to make informed business decisions.
Ian advises a broad range of clients including financial institutions, private corporations, insurance companies, secured and unsecured creditors, debtors, and insolvency professionals. Ian’s general civil and commercial litigation practice has an emphasis on bankruptcy and insolvency, debtor/creditor, security enforcement, commercial, and insurance disputes. He has successfully advocated for his clients as counsel before all levels of Court in Ontario, including, the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, the Ontario Court of Justice, Bankruptcy Court, the Commercial List, the Divisional Court, and the Ontario Court of Appeal.
An exceptional law student, Ian was on the dean’s list and obtained an award for his legal writing. During his final year of law school, Ian gained invaluable insights as a clerk with the Alberta Court of Appeal.
Outside of the courtroom, Ian can be found chasing around his three kids, on the hockey rink, and playing rock and jazz guitar.
- Called to the Bar in 2010
- Completed B.A. (Hons.), University of Western Ontario, 2006
- Graduated LL.B., University of Alberta, 2009
- Member of Law Society of Upper Canada, Ontario Bar Association, Canadian Bar Association, The Advocates Society
- Co-chaired the OBA Insolvency Section program - Key Bankruptcy and Insolvency Issues in Personal Injury law